1. She doesn’t want to go off into the world and seek her fortune, there are plenty of fortunes here at home.
2. They invent games to play on the long trips between the stars. The ships travel faster than messages can follow, so there’s literally nothing new unless they create it.
3. Half-formed ideas run rampant until she hunts them down. Plot bunnies bouncing off mental walls, caught and cataloged to make them safe.
4. “Don’t think of it as exile, think of it as a vacation!”
5. They stumble across the last of the horses grazing in a dead-end street, a sad thin reminder of what could have been. After a moment it turns away leaving them alone in the dust.
Leave a Reply