1. His word was literally law, every statement unquestionable and irrefutable… Hence the vow of silence.
2. It takes two shots to kill a dragon, one for the heart and one for the brain.
3. Her time runs out just as she crosses the street. The sudden yank offline disorients her just long enough for the EMTs to swoop in and grab her without resistance. It never occurs to anyone to ask how the ambulance got there so quickly.
4. “I think you made a bad decision,” she said finally. “I’m your mother and I love you, but I can’t agree to this.”
5. Hearts break, that’s what they’re meant for.
Leave a Reply