1. There are certain disadvantages to having large flying herbivores and carnivores. Thankfully most of them land to eat.
2. Growing old is more luck than anything else so the ‘wisdom of the elders’ isn’t something that ever occurred to them.
3. The world tilts between spring and summer without ever dipping into fall, much less winter. Everything grows nonstop and it’s exhausting to keep up with the harvests.
4. Painting the house lifts her mood so they can tell by the ways the colors change what kind of month she’s having.
5. No matter how many ships they send out, how many worlds they colonize, how many skies they fill with satellites, space is still, on the whole, silent.