1. He was dead for a few hours before he realized he’d stopped breathing. To be fair, it wasn’t something he’d paid that much attention to before the accident.
2. The road is nothing more than well-churned mud and they learn quickly it’s easier to fight the brush at the end of the fields than fallow in it.
3. “I hate it when people ask what one thing about your life would you change,” she waved the remains of the croissant at me. “You can’t change one thing, changing anything changes everything. Butterflies and hurricanes!”
4. It’s possible to keep time by the moons, but that involves more math than he’s willing to do as he waits for rescue.
5. The truth doesn’t just hurt, it burns. So it’s easier to find the small white lies that say almost the same thing.