1. “You have to ask twice,” he laughed as she glared at the ashed remains of her burnt offering,” nothing immortal is listening well enough to hear it the first time.”
2. The King’s Dance is a dual, not a duet, and the courts can only watch in mandated silence as the new crown prince is chosen.
3. It’s not that nothing happens here, there’s always something happening no matter how small the town, it’s that nothing new happens. Everyone is settled into ruts generations deep and it’s going to take more than one teenager’s wanderlust to shake them loose.
4. Four miles later the last of the horses died.
5. It would have been a perfect job if it hadn’t been for those darned owls!