1. The ends of stories are often just as jarring as the beginning. After a lifetime of facing sudden death at every turn, we stumble into wide undefined futures of peace and happily-ever-afters.
2. She pays everyone to do her chores, a sibling black market that goes unnoticed by the parental police.
3. I spent all yesterday fighting the urge to rearrange the silver collection. Again. …Which means the dragon is coming back.
4. This is the legacy of the stars, a burning paranoia of being planet-bound. They can’t stand the idea of their survival being tied to a fragile chunk of rock so they are nomads, but they survive.
5. “That should have killed you.”
“I know, I don’t, what–” he looked down in shock, cataloging the scrapes and bruises and the unnerving lack of broken bones. “What happened?”