1. Cooking is the one thing he can lose himself in. It takes all of his concentration to handle the intricate dance of keeping multiple dishes going and in the midst of the chaos he can finally forget.
2. There are years scattered among the bones, unused and forfeit. She gobbles them up in greedy handfuls.
3. The winds on the tops of the mountains howl by them, tradewinds that spur the constant cloud movement stratified below. Nothing survives here but the iron mountain itself.
4. Laundry wasn’t anything he gave much thought to before the transition, now he’s constantly aware of how many changes of clean clothing he has left.
5. The world is unfair, she knows that; she’s lived through the proof too many times to count, but it still catches her off guard.
Leave a Reply