1. The walls around the city are barely three feet tall; nothing on this planet ever learned to jump or climb.
2. Going partially deaf is more terrifying than he’d prepared for. His brain is all too willing to fill in the emptiness with what it expects to hear, and his mind teases voices from the static.
3. Running from your past is easy, it’s your future that’s harder to escape.
4. When they said ninety percent of the writing on the internet was crap, they were being optimistic. But somewhere in the archives was the data he needed, so if it took him weeks or months to hone the search algorithms it was still worth the dig.
5. She has twelve souls under her watch, to guide and guard from the gates of Hell. So every full moon when they lose themselves, she does the killing for them.
Leave a Reply