1. Death smells like cut grass, crisp and green under layers of motor oil and engine fumes.
2. They chase the dragon’s shadow across the fields, arms outstretched and roaring as only six-year-olds know how.
3. That’s their big secret: they’ve domesticated polar bears. He’s not sure he really wants to know why, but they’re obviously waiting for him to ask.
4. “’No’ should be your default answer,” he said between bites of ice cream. “Anytime anyone asks you to do something for them, say no. Save your yes for when it’s with them, not for.”
5. I’ve amassed a small fortune in pennies, quite literally. What started out as a penny jar turned into a penny five-gallon bucket and sort of snowballed from there. At this point, I think the bank would charge me more to deposit them than they’re worth, even if I could bring myself to try.
Leave a Reply