1. The soundproofing is excellent and they watch the world burn in silence.
2. “Ever flower color has a meaning,” he said, fingers tracing the various cut blooms, “although sometimes they lie, if you put them together right.”
“You can make sarcastic flower arrangements?” She looked up from her phone, “Seriously?”
3. Old spacer stories were full of predictions of worlds where coffee wouldn’t grow– but history had apparently underestimated botanists.
4. “We’ll always procrastinate,” she said dismissively waving the wrench. “Even without cellphones and laptops– the trick is to procrastinate actively, not passively. So stop watching YouTube and help me come build my freeze ray!”
5. Ambush hunters thrive in the jungles and the colonists learn quickly that their lives depend more on luck than skill.