1. The water defines the horizon with deep blue scars against the green.
2. “I don’t want to go home again,” she snapped, “I can miss the past without having to wallow in it.”
3. They’d reached the peak, but the dogs were spent. The hounds had sprawled out across the cool rocks panting and only giving a halfhearted wag as their handlers walked by.
4. Being paid to play games all day really isn’t as much fun as it seems. My job is to test the bug fixes, which means following a checklist of scripted actions instead of playing for fun. Except this time the game’s fighting back…
5. The only birds that pass over the tiny island are the long distance gliders, none of which bother to land unless there’s a storm rolling in.