1. Dogs are patient; they’ll wait forever for you to love them back.
2. On foot it looks like the whole world has been paved over, but by plane you can see the vast forests that lurk just beyond the concrete and steel horizons.
3. Queens hold all the power here; their courts are human versions of lion prides where Kings are merely figureheads that care only for other Kings and little else.
4. “Life happens too quickly to process in the moment,” the elder chided as he moved slowly through the food presentation rituals. “So you will humor me, and sit, and eat, and then you will tell me about your day.”
5. The world ends just outside his window, a roiling void of nothingness that sucks at the house, eating it away atom by atom.