1. No one wants to read my memoirs– then they might have to face the truth.
2. Every so often courier dragons flash by, a painful reminder of just how slow planes have become.
3. It rarely rains here, so the only green to be found lines the rivers and irrigation ditches. The rest of the fields are a dry dusty brown, with only sporadic plants who’ve learned to survive the drought.
4. “Wishing won’t change the world.”
“I know,” he looked down over the railing, “but that’s all I’ve got.”
5. The sea’s is a perfect reflection of the sky, holding the boat unnaturally still and eerily silent.