1. Flowers wither and die, but briars are forever.
2. “I used to admire people who can sleep on planes,” said the not un-handsome stranger across the aisle, trying to extract himself from his snoring friend.
3. There’s no distinction left between cats and dogs, save the scientific. Space has warped both species into something new, pushing them towards the same adaptations until they reach that common goal.
4. The pond water is a bright emerald green. Her fingers hover over the surface a moment before she steels her courage and dips in the cup.
5. Footsteps in the snow mar the soot– the men came after the dragons then, and now she knows who to kill.