1. No moon means no tides and she can’t bring herself to trust a sea so still.
2. A week ago I retired by accident. I was at the right place at the right time to do a favor for a very rich man and now I’ve got no debts and a trust fund big enough to live modestly on for– well, forever. So now what?
3. Dragons love base metals as well as precious, a master tinsmith’s work is just as honored a gift as a goldsmith– it’s the artistry that draws their eye first.
4. The clouds are like layer cakes, fluffy white interspersed with a bright crystal blue, and they dive through them recklessly. Each wingbeat kicks off tiny windstorms that trail in their wake, down, down until they are brushing the tops of the trees.
5. Transporters have too many moral dilemmas attached, so they stay inanimate-only.. at least until the war.