1. The unicorn snarled, a low rumbling bellow that echoed in her bones.
2. Poor men walk and rich men ride and richer men stay home and let someone else do the traveling for them. Sadly Nathan’s riches only got him a mule and growing hatred for beans and rice.
3. There’s a constant hum throughout the ship, a melodic tone that’s generated to drown out the distracting clicks and whirrs and chirps that keep us alive. The tone’s annoying, but your brain filters one tone out easier than the chaos it’s hiding– at least until someone ‘helpful’ reminds you it exists.
4. The concept of sandwiches is apparently too much to grasp; they just keep disassembling them as soon as she hands them over.
5. Power goes out and the world goes with it. No one cares what’s happening overseas any more than they care what’s happening in a town three hundred miles away.