1. Space is vast and empty and boring… but so is Earth, if you look at it right.
2. Horses only come in sandy chestnut here, the first herd was too small for the other colors to survive the rains. So she dreams in bays and grays and palominos… and wonders how mad her uncle would get if she ‘borrowed’ his hair dye.
3. Cold weather rolls down from the mountains and pools in the valley until the weather witch rolls up her sleeves and knots up the winds to the river.
4. Keeping college students as pets amuses her for a while, but they’ve no respect for antiquity– their lives revolve around finals and midterms. She settles on history-themed graduate students instead and torments them with insights she couldn’t possibly know… that all turn out to be true when they dig.
5. Deacon is less intimidating in person than over the phone, there’s some magic power that keeps him from cussing as loudly (or creatively) when he has to do it to your face.