1. Open the door, they whispered from the shadows. Open the door, over and over until his childhood echoed with it.
2. They aren’t transporters so much as replicators, it’s only the law and the failsafes that clean-up the you that’s left behind.
3. Every so often I vow to give up the internet and accomplish something physical instead of virtual– but there are a depressingly few number of respawn points on this planet.
4. The wolves are small coyote-size things, stunted by generations of poor hunting and long winters. The sheep are massive, comparatively, and the canines learn quickly that my mountain flocks are nothing like their dimwitted low-valley cousins.
5. Telepathy depends heavily on your ability to translate the input; it’s more akin to interpretive dance than cryptography.