1. Victory is for our grandchildren, for us and our children there is only war.
2. There are no standard punishments for breaking the laws in the western kingdoms. Court cases are elaborate dances of protocol and each verdict is unique and tailored to the individual as well as the crime.
3. There’s no better time for self-reflection than just after midnight, hours before you’re pretty sure you’re going to die– trust me, I’ve done this a few dozen times.
4. The world changes too quickly to keep up, so after a few decades of fighting he stops trying. At least now they think he’s just being ‘retro’ instead of suspiciously archaic.
5. The planet’s poor in silicate, so plastic has replaced glass wherever it can– she’s not sure if that should be as depressing as it sounds in her head.
Leave a Reply