1. Unplugging –completely opting out of the net– isn’t possible anymore. Even if you aren’t directly connected everyone around you is and you’re defined by the blank space in their lives.
2. “If you say ‘I never meant to hurt you’ I swear I will gut you like a fish.”
“I’m new to these sorts of battles, but I don’t think you’re allowed to fight clichés with clichés…”
3. Years are the only currency he has left, so he takes the bargain and steps out of time and into purgatory to pay his dues. What’s a century or two among friends, after all?
4. Hot springs are an unexpected bliss, tucked away just far enough off the trail that only the faintest hint of sulfur gives them away. The path is overgrown and none of the tracks are fresh so they’re safe enough to stop and soak.
5. Waiting is the worst part of bad events. I wait for them to happen, wait for them to be over, and wait for the next one to come along– being psychic isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.