1. She learns the hard way that ‘nitrogen rich soil’ is just gardener-speak for ‘contains dead fish.’
2. “To be honest, I’d planned on killing you, but I think I’ll tell you a story instead.”
3. Quotas are made to be met, even for death. If the expected losses fall short the colony won’t have enough food come the spring…
4. Sadly, trying to scrounge enough change to buy something off a dollar menu was only the highlight of my day.
5. Work is the best way of bartering for what we need, material goods are too hard to travel with and the currency is no longer stable from town to town.