1. Scars fade, but the dreams don’t die.
2. Oceans are harder to reach than the skies, but without birds it hadn’t occurred to them to try.
3. Things change slowly, except when they don’t, and over the years they’ve gotten used to the manic flashes of weather that the new world harbors.
4. Kindness was a rarity here and she treasured each chance she had to bestow it. Someday they’d have time to slip back into the trapping of civility– for now she clung to her memories against the grey.
5. The taste of poison tinges her world in red– it’s synesthesia at its most useful, but even that won’t buy her enough time.
Leave a Reply