1. The world shudders as it falls away.
2. Heaven is too far away —she can feel it— if they die now all that waits for them is the dark.
3. Before high school he’d been happy– at least he thought he had. It was hard to tell now which memories were real and which were just the fever dreams.
4. Their hair is colored by trace minerals in the water, white newborns fading into shades of dirt and rock. It doesn’t take prospectors long to realize that here silver foxes are a bit more literal than expected.
5. Mobility is the first thing to go, years pile upon their shells fusing them into an inflexible mass drifting on the tides.