1. After a while you learn not to look.
2. The spin was all that kept them stable, now that it’s lost the ship wobbles drunkenly to port.
3. Deer and demons use the same salt licks, something he hadn’t realized until the shot meant for a five-point buck took down a Onikuma instead.
4. Lions overran the grasslands years ago, with the now wild dogs and coyotes hovering in their wake. Of all the zoo animals to have survived she would have put her money on hyenas instead, but nature apparently likes a pretty face.
5. “Stop trying so hard,” she snapped across the table. “Magic isn’t something you can learn— either you have it or you don’t.”