1. He didn’t care where they lived, just that they stopped long enough to settle down.
2. The beast was clearly meant for pulling plows, not playing palfrey, its massive chest was too wide for even his largest sidesaddle. After some argument, the duchess agreed to ride astride and the men promptly, but courteously, abandoned her company to spare her the embarrassment.
3. Trees spiral up through the wreckage, twisted and bent, following the paths of sunlight as it filters down through the ship.
4. “I don’t know what you think you heard,” she snapped, “but I don’t even like whiskey.”
5. We the undersigned, that’s how we remember them. Martyrs for a rebellion who knew as soon as they signed they’d committed their lives to the cause. Fourteen people who stepped out of the shadows, pulled off the masks, and allowed themselves to be killed where the world could watch.
Leave a Reply