1. There’s a bank of clouds on the horizon, a black and sooty smear that means the town is gone.
2. Height is more powerful a tool than they expect. In a world where size is limited only by food, their height implies hunting skills and riches they’d don’t actually have.
3. Compression might make diamonds, but it also makes meals for snakes.
4. Speech is one of the first things he loses– the stories are still there, but he has to fight to remember how to tell them whenever he comes back out of the woods.
5. The preceding years were so thick with luxury that they never realize the opportunities slipping by.
Leave a Reply