1. Some fairy tales aren’t meant for happy endings.
2. There’s a small pool of calm in the storm and they dive into it, sheltering behind a bulwark of brush and ivy.
3. It isn’t until she realizes she can set the temperature of the bed that an inkling of just how hot it’s going to get in the summer starts to sink in.
4. Wine ages best in oak barrels that wait a galaxy away, but bio labs work just as well in a pinch.
5. The most terrifying aspect is it doesn’t feel like subservience. Until they’re back in the cage, out of range of whatever powers these people have, it all feels perfectly normal.