1. The breeze isn’t strong enough to damage anything but the constant rustling of leaves is unnerving. The forest never rests and seems determined that they do the same.
2. It’s hard not to look up at the stars, the sky’s full to bursting with them now that they’re far enough from the city, but their job is down not up– at least until the spire falls.
3. The people who loved vampire movies died the fastest. There’s a wide gulf between assumption and reality, most of it filled with their corpses and garlic-flavored wood.
4. Day by day the water level drops. At first, an inch a day seems harmless, the lochs are deep and surely the odd drought can’t last forever.
5. They eat whatever they can, surviving on mice and songbirds, supplemented with kills stolen from better predators.
Leave a Reply