1. A river of fire pours down from the stars.
2. Shipboard routines are boring and dull, but they’re the only way to mark out days unfettered by the sun.
3. Two rhinoceros the size of dogs came charging around the corner, bowling over the tour guide and scattering his flock.
4. “You need to stop thinking about this like it’s a choice,” she paused to hack through the remnants of a vine jamming the treads, “it stopped being one as soon as more than just your life was on the line.”
5. The locals didn’t measure things in miles, but in songs. The marching cadences enforced a steady pace and proved far more reliable than expected.