1. Magic was in everything. Seeped into the very heart of life, it permeated every aspect of our lives— but here, inside the ancient circle, the voices were finally gone.
2. “If you wanted me to stay, you should have said so.”
“Fine, I want you to stay.”
“Should have said so then, it’s too late now.”
3. The soup is grainy and tastes the same as the bitter seas smell, but he feels better almost immediately.
4. Photographs line the walls, some of movie stars long dead, others of scavenged family moments taken long before the war.
5. “Snow shouldn’t be loud,” she complained from under the pile of blankets as the storm battered at the cabin.