1. Everything they harvest is sweet, cloyingly so, and it takes what seems like a lifetime for the biologists to find something bland enough to dilute their meals to tolerable levels.
2. Rocky beaches frame the cove, littered with crisp white bones that catch the fading sunlight.
3. Pop culture has a short shelf life and once the generation that spawned it dies, their idols follow. Which is why he loves digging through the archives, resurrecting old memories and infecting new generations.
4. The days are hot and muggy; fetid mists billowing from the swamps coat everyone in the stench of rotting vegetation.
5. The answer is always ‘magic’ and after a while he stops bothering to ask.
Leave a Reply