1. Rain is coming. He watches the dark line of clouds slink forward across the horizon and curses in a language he’s too young to know.
2. Lies grow bolder in the dark.
3. Short dense fur so thick that it feels like a brush, sharp and stinging against her skin.
4. “Why can’t you just let it go?” He hadn’t meant to say it, not like that, but his father was dead and nothing she could do would bring him back.
She glared at him for a long moment then carefully put the glass jar down on the table and left without another word.
He waited until she was well and truly gone before he unscrewed the top and set the fairy free.
5. Trash is suddenly treasure, now that they have the way to sort it back into it’s component parts. Landfills are beset by bidding wars and razed to the ground. Trash collection companies are forced to start paying by the pound and new bins arrive, keyed to open only for specific trucks.