1. Knights never speak, relying on their squires to act as go-betweens. Hidden away in armor they never remove, they are nameless, faceless forces incapable of mercy or regret.
2. Juggling four programs at once is easy, once she spawns the needed subroutines. It’s still unnerving, the ability to manipulate code reflexively, but the trainers insist the longer she spends in the net the easier it will become.
3. Cold iron hates elves as much as they hate it and each drop of blood that falls burns deeper until he can shatter the brittle metal.
4. Nothing here had fur, animal after animal was covered in scales or thick rubbery hide and all of them were terrified of Matt’s sheepdog.
5. Zygomatic bones are made to take a beating, like roll cages for cars they soak up the forces meant to crush more fragile structures beneath. Only this time those bones are all that’s left unmarred…