1. There’s a lot more to climbing a mountain than putting one foot in front of the other, but don’t try telling that to tourists.
2. Queens were born for this, the quiet manipulation of the court and nobility– she settles into the web her mother wove and begins to overlay lacework of her own.
3. He rose from the ashes, slowly rebuilding himself from the scraps of his nest-mates.
4. Zebras stampede across the zoo, their panicked honks and whistling driving the other herd animals into a frenzy in their wake.
5. The oddest thing about living on the tiny planet is the lack of rotation. You could drive an hour and go from midnight to noon, although the biologists insisted that constant hopping back and forth wrecked havoc on the hindbrain.