Traffic to the Etsy store has died off over the past few months, due to a lack of new customs and general decline in outside marketing. But now that it’s a new year and a fresh start– time to start filling in the potholes.
As you can see the two ‘official’ model horse paths didn’t hold up to well, Model Horse Blab brought in 115 over an entire year and Model Horse Sales Pages (MH$P) brought in a measly 9. I’ve touched on this before, but I think the failure had a lot more to do with lack of time-in-chair than the venues.
New Methods to Madness
I had originally tried daily postings on MH$P and ‘as I finish them’ postings on Blab, neither of which brought in much traffic. So instead of trying to get the morning listings going again I’m trying a more minimalistic (and less tiring) approach.
Since I get most of my work done during the weekend I will start updating the sales listings Sunday evening. Instead of one post/add per horse I’ll be creating one weekly add that consists of a group shot (one per scale) and a link to the Etsy store.
As I finish the horses they’ll be uploaded to Etsy/Facebook/Blog/DeviantArt/Pintrest and a post over in the ‘new customs’ thread on Blab. I’ll also try and keep up with the weekly Live From The Workbench posts and random updates to Facebook.
It will be interesting to see how much I can get the channel traffic to improve… I’ve already seen some incoming folks via Pintrest, so the numbers should be fun to crunch! 🙂
Leave a Reply