1. Rest periods come twice an hour or after three kills, although the medics are hard-pressed to keep the hunters sitting long enough to hydrate properly– the lure of the first real food in months overwhelms everything else.
2. “There’s something you aren’t telling me.”
“There’s always something I’m not tell you,” she snapped. “Get over it.”
3. Power trucks roam the streets like vultures, feasting on downed trees and sparking cables.
4. More than anything, she’d wanted a father. Mothers were easy to find; the right look, the right story and she’d be swept up into their arms before they could recognize she wasn’t what she seemed. Fathers were harder to find and harder to keep– and she’d eaten more than one child from shear jealousy.
5. Victory is no longer an option, but she’s not sure if it ever really was.
Leave a Reply