1. Deep in the valley the wind never dies down and the constant movement it frustrating to someone used to the dead still air of the swamps.
2. “Can you really see the future?”
“I can see what might be, but never what will be.”
“So how does that help? Telling us what probably won’t happen isn’t useful!”
“You are very unimaginative child.”
3. Ambushes aren’t always unwelcome things, but it’s hard to convince a brain wired for combat that cameras and confetti aren’t flashbangs and shrapnel.
4. There’s a calming rhythm to the waves, a slow and steady pulse that she knows is a belated echo to the blasts tearing the seabed apart.
5. Werewolves can’t live long in cities, they’re too large, too obviously out of place. Which leaves suburban and urban areas wide open for the werecats and weredogs to prowl the night in peace.