1. Vines wrap the house in layers of green, bright as new grass at the edges and deepening to almost black as they cut their way inwards.
2. A short time after that the world ended, but neither of them noticed.
3. “Are you sure you want to do this?” She cocked the gun.
“No,” he took a deep breath and kept his eyes closed, “but do it anyway.”
4. She could tell by the taste of dust and ashes– this was a memory, not an oracle.
5. The air’s too moist, biologics rot and mold within hours of landfall, so colony is made of brick and steel.
Leave a Reply