1. “Let me explain—“ but her sword was swifter than his excuses.
2. There are low tech ways to accomplish the same goals, but it takes them time to learn how not to think of the more complex solutions first.
3. New plants are easy– it’s the new flavors are the hardest to name. There’s only so many ways to say something tastes almost like strawberries.
4. Alcohol is the one great equalizer between trading parties. Jen’s uncle can rattle off the list of drinks faster than the planets they come from and she never really looses the habit of calling them by their nicknames.
5. I never found out what I wanted to be when I grew up, things went by too fast and I got distracted.