Break out the brushes and the pastels, it’s time to go adventuring into the workbench once again! 😀
I had a bit of a setback, but things are finally back on track for both Works-in-Progress. As long as work plays nice, I’m hoping to have both done this weekend, but worst case I’m sure I can get them done over the next holiday adventure.
Click to embiggen both and I’ll try and get more photos up again tomorrow night (the paints still drying on today’s rounds).
I’d forgotten how time consuming doing the washes for a dapple grey can be! I’ve been working back and forth with White, Ivory Black, and Neutral Gray, but she’s got a lot more detailing to go.
I have the front half of the horses more or less done now, so hopefully she’ll look better in tomorrow’s photos. I always get a little nervous when they look so silly in the in-between photos. *pats horse fondly*
And ye gods and little kittens– the MH Copyright mold just loves the prepwork! I kept finding things to tweak as I got the acrylic basecoat on. If I never paint another micro by Mandi I think I’ll die happy. :p
But the basecoat is on and today I got to do some pasteling. The little guy has a lot more depth now and it a lot more yellow. 😉
He’ll be done long before this weekend I think– tomorrow night or Friday if things get sidetracked again. Gotta love Murphy’s Law!