1. “Just when I thought we were finally friends,” he sighed dramatically, the gun never wavering. “I’d say you disappoint me, but honestly? I never expected much. You’re too much like your father.”
2. She was right, I’d been here before in my childhood nightmares, but I’m not five anymore.
3. Curled into a ball like slumbering bear, the dragon’s twisted scales refracted the torches’ flames into a thousand points of light that danced with each massive breath.
4. Eggplant looks out of place in the garden, giant purple globes tucked in among the monochromatic greenery. Peas, lettuce, broccoli, cabbage, even the peppers are green– it’s like a Muppet song gone horribly, horribly wrong.
5. “Don’t have to believe, just have to listen,” snapped the rabbit, ears twitching in time to the drumbeats.