1. “Never?” She asked, but it wasn’t a true question so the dragon didn’t answer.
2. Children are constantly underfoot in the colonies, something he hadn’t expected when he’d first started out. But unlike inner-world children, they’re almost constantly at work— even if they’ve cleverly disguised the work as play.
3. “You run for fun?” He helped her to her feet, confused.
“Not really,” she admitted, mind running down the checklist of what she hadn’t broken. “I do it to keep in shape, get out into the sun for a bit. Plus it’s a great way to meet people.” She winked.
4. The tunnels are built for dogs, not men, and twice Lady has to turn and dig him free.
5. Princes aren’t knights; they’re too valuable to risk on battlefields or in the training halls. He’s got nothing but a lifetime resigned to watching from the sidelines as their champions defend his honor.