Below is the rough outline for a short story that is in queue for this year’s June Camp NaNoWriMo. You can see a list of all of the stories here, or you can just click on the Camp NaNoWriMo tag and get all the planning goodness.
Verse: Everyday Wolves
Working Title: Natural Instincts
Blurb: There’s a fine line between hoarding and storing food for the winter.
- Hoarders intervention, Matt gets drug into by Cassian who is helping a were-beaver family (recessives) deal with a hoarding problem from the dad.
- House is awesome, lots of hoarding stashes, Dad is stubborn about needing all of it, one daughter sides with him, human mom and two boys don’t.
- Going through the belonging, mostly useful stuff, just not stuff that’s realistically useful. Cassian and Matt talk about weres and form-influenced behaviors.
- Matt is sort of torn, the one son is seeing it all in a very negative light and is trying to get everyone to agree with him that his dad is a bad person. Mom and other brother are frustrated, but not to that point. Sister thinks the dad is being logical, but has a little too much.
- The folks doing the intervention are good, used to working with weres, but the trash hauling company is not. Some tensions there, rude ppl. Fight of sorts.
- House is mostly cleaned, family is mostly settled down again. Matt is tired, Cassian is pessimistic and life goes on.
Family: mother, father, son, son, daughter
Therapist, Oragnizer, Trash company employees
This is very much a character driven story, focusing more on the adaption of were’s into society as a whole (or the lack thereof) and sort of a commentary on Matt and Cassian’s relationship.