Below is the rough outline for a short story that is in queue for this year’s June Camp NaNoWriMo. You can see a list of all of the stories here, or you can just click on the Camp NaNoWriMo tag and get all the planning goodness.
Verse: Songs of the Summer God
Working Title: Inheritance
Blurb: When Goldens and Binders choose their partners, it’s the family left behind who pay the price.
- Girl’s older brother ‘dies’ (is chosen by Binder)
- Girl sees brother months after funeral, watching the house when he thinks no one is looking
- Girl attempts to kill Binder to free her brother, brother saves her from binder’s counter-attack.
- Girl attempts to get childhood friend and her Golden to come kill the Binder, but plan backfires and they come to kill the binder and her brother.
- Because she won’t cooperate, girl is used as bait to catch her brother and his binder, but she warns them off.
- When they don’t show the Golden is forced to release her, since it can’t prove she was telling the truth.
- And everyone lives happily ever after, more or less.
Childhood Friend (Golden-bound)
Market in Town, Graveyard on the farm, In the woods
I’ve mostly written drabbles and snippits in the SotSG ‘verse. The last attempt at something longer (Traveling Songs) puttered out pretty quickly. I have the basic ideas for this ‘verse hammered out, but some of the details may end up contradicting established cannon. *eyes story thoughtfully* Suppose I better start a ‘verse bible just to be sure.