1. Space is mostly dark and mostly empty and once you left the solar system looking out the windows was as much fun as watching paint dry. Black paint. With glitter.
2. Developing superpowers didn’t automatically lead to becoming a superhero (or a supervillain) and Jen wasn’t interested in wearing tights. Instead, she picked up a Nursing degree and worked with patients too sick to use a normal X-ray machine.
3. There are some words that fall between the languages, so specific to the societies that birthed them that no translation is ever needed. Which is why Mary didn’t know when to duck.
4. “You have to storyboard your life,” said Denny waving half a sandwich at her notebook. “Lay it out, plots points, thematic bridges, gimme what’s going to be, not what is. There’s no use in fixing past plot holes, look forward or you’ll just fall into the next one.”
5. There are people who believe their souls were born into the wrong body, that who they are in their head doesn’t fit who they are on the outside. I have the same sort of problem, only I know I wasn’t supposed to be in here—because someone else already is.
Leave a Reply