1. “Hark! What light through yonder window breaks?”
“Tossing a lamp through a window is not Shakespeare”
“No, that’s more like Artistic Misdemeanor.”
2. The quad was quieter than she expected. Even with the oppressive herd of students gone for the summer, the teachers kept their same quiet rounds like clockwork soldiers.
3. There is plenty of room in space for people who aren’t good at math. Cooking meals, running the on-ship banking, providing religious services—the non-engineering staff outnumbered the hard science degrees three to one, but those weren’t the jobs the Navy advertised.
4. Dragons were grumpy hostile creatures, which was to be expected of any critter harboring a permanent case of heartburn.
5. Upon sober reflection, it really wasn’t that funny. Most things done at 3 am whilst insanely drunk with your school chums rarely hold up to scrutiny afterward, but this (they all agreed) was a new level of stupid.