The goal for this year is to write six eight-post serial stories in a variety of genres and settings and I’m looking for some input into which ones!
Those of you who have stopped by the Serial Story page can see that the Feb-Apr story is already in the works: “Three Tequila, Floor” from Tales of the Drunken Unicorn’verse (Comedy, Urban Fantasy). But I’m still pondering what should come next…
I’d like to do something from an established ‘verse since those are easier. My current thoughts are leaning towards doing something in every genre, which means I need two SciFi/High Fantasy stories to round out the first half of the year.
Current Grab-bag of Ideas
- The Rabbit Who Ate the Moon’verse – “Bringing Sarah Home” (SciFi) : Some Firsts fall further than others.
- Blackguards and Plaster Saints – “Building a Better Mouse” (SciFi) : The best defense is a good offense—or a good distraction. (aka Humans: Do Not Give Them Power Tools)
- Carson and Ship – “A Song for Vacuums” (SciFi) : Carson teaches Ship to whistle as she works with unexpected results.
- Avenshark/The Third Kingdom – “Cultural Infestations” (Fantasy) : OutKingdomers bring their cultures with them and it’s up to the Shepherds to sort out the misunderstandings.
- Kazimar – “Favors” (Fantasy) : Deep blue Illysa burns bright above the winter treetops, but when sickness stalks the caves a brave few must venture out for help from an unlikely source.
- Listener’verse – “Last Requests” (Fantasy) : Nahyl is used to ghost that are much quieter and much less violent, but Yavy is damned if she won’t to Listen to him.
- Songs of the Summer God – “Inheritance” (Fantasy) : When Goldens and Binders choose their partners, it’s the family left behind who pay the price.
Not that I have a lot of readers (as of yet)… but anyone have a vote for what they’d like to see? I’ll also take ‘none of the above: write THIS instead!” *grin*