1. Dancing has always been the best way to raise the dead, but most cemeteries frown on raves.
2. ‘Because’ was never an honest answer, but Virginia quickly found that most people resented anyone pointing out their oversights. Thankfully those few that didn’t mind were often more than happy to continue the conversation, even if they gave her odd looks when they thought she wasn’t looking.
3. Most habitable planets have more ants than elephants, newly terraformed life seems to thrive best in the smaller scales.
4. Their world has narrowed to what lies within the massive crater. The walls are slick black rock that resists any efforts they make to scale it; a massive midnight wall that tops every horizon and looms, omnipresent over the crash survivors.
5. She’s amazed to find there’s ice to be had in the summer desert, even at the merchants’ exorbitant costs. It’s harvested from long metal water beds left out in the heart of the bitter winters and stored in caves carved deep into the bedrock.
Leave a Reply