1. “You know what we face tomorrow, and why.” She looked out across the assembled faces of those that had stayed behind. “So tonight– tonight we’ll feast to all the things we’ll be dying for.” She raised her glass, “Death to the light!”
2. Slaying a dragon isn’t enough– anyone can manage it with enough time and planning, no it’s not a story until you slay a dragon unarmed, wounded, and with the fate of the world on the line.
3. The wind shifted again in the night, bringing a heavy fog of smoke and ash in its wake. It flavored everything, even the coffee, with the taste of bitter wood and scorched mint– sure signs that the Prince had been right about an elven infestation.
4. Gifts aren’t quite the same as bribes, but a good vodka and a better cigar soothes a savage harbor master more often than not.
5. In anime kids go to school and then fight demons on the side– in real life, we get homeschooled in between the fighting. The problem with real demons is they don’t only attack when it’s convenient to the plot, which puts a damper on things like a social life or AP Chemistry.