1. “Look I don’t know how you know my real name, but this isn’t Fairyland and all you’ve done is piss me off.”
2. They’re tiny meteors, burnt up long before they ever reach the ground, but he shivers as he watches the sky burn.
3. ‘And then what?’ was how every tall tale ended, passed down from generation to generation until the point of the game was forgotten and only the stories remained.
4. “When did ‘ordinary people’ become an insult?” He objected, “Magic’s all fine and good, but most of us have gotten along just fine– will continue to get along just fine without it. We appreciate your help, we do, but don’t for one minute think we depend upon it.”
5. Aliens always have something in common, they dance, they sing, they do math in ragged claw marks gouged out along the cliffs, a shared point of reference to build a friendship on… she just has to find out what that something is.